7 Questions to ask the Sufi Muslim Council
(1) What is the source of funding for the Sufi Muslim Council? There are rumours that leaders (not sure if this should be plural, as there only seems to be one!) have been offering around wads of cash for this project. The Muslim community deserves to know.
(2) What are the links between the Sufi Muslim Council, Haras Rafiq and the British government? What meetings has Rafiq had with government, politicians or civil servants, other than those that have been publicised. Suddenly, Rafiq is invited by the government to join the post 7/7 working groups and all meetings thereafter - he was unknown before then.
(3) What is the link between the Sufi Muslim Council and the Labour Party? Azhar Ali - one of the "co-founders" of the Sufi Muslim Council has no Sufi credentials but has been a Labour Party councillor. Does the SMC adopt a "New Sufism" approach, akin to "New Labour"?
(4) What are the links between the Sufi Muslim Council and the much criticised Bush and Cheney supporting "Islamic Supreme Council of America"?
(5) What are the links between the Sufi Muslim Council and neoconservatives in the USA? Much of the analysis on the Sufi Muslim Council website is taken from neoconservative writers and think tanks. The criticism of Muslim Brotherhood and HT is taken direct from the writings of the neocons.
(6) What are the links between the Sufi Muslim Council and Zionists? The Sufi Muslim Council has boasted of its links to Jewish organisations in the UK that are ardent supporters of the Israeli state.
(7) What is the view of the Sufi Muslim Council on Qadianis, who claim to be Muslims? Private sources have told us that the Sufi Muslim Council is willing to accept that Qadianis are Muslims, even though they reject the finality of the final Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (saw).